inspirational story: Friend Who? Who’s the enemy?
The inspirational story of the life of Guru Gobind Singh Ji, in Sikhism, service i.e. ‘Guru Ghar’ is of great importance. Guru ji himself has also served the sangat and has always ordered to serve. Bhai Ghanaiya ji was a prominent sevadar among the sevadars of the Guru Ghar. Bhai Ghanaiya ji used to serve in the court of Guru Gobind Singh ji. Bhai Ghanaiya ji was of a very pure nature and the Guru used to serve in the house with great love.
When Guru Gobind Singh ji was fighting a war opposing the oppression, at that time Bhai Ghanaiya ji fearlessly used to serve Guru ji’s army by giving them water. But Bhai Ghanaiya ji used to give water not only to Guru ji’s army but also to the enemy’s army. While doing service, he never used to think that the one whom he is drinking water, is a friend or an enemy.
Angered by this service of Ghanaiya ji, some people of Guru ji’s army approached Guru Sahib ji and said that Bhai Ghanaiya ji is giving water to his army as well as to the enemies. Let them be stopped.
Friend Good Friend Who?
Guru Gobind Singh ji called Bhai Ghanaiya ji and said – your complaint has come. Bhai Ghanaiya ji heard the complaint and said, Guru Sahib ji! What should I do… I don’t see anyone in the battlefield. Wherever I look, I see only you and all the service I do is yours. He said that Guru Sahib, you never taught the lesson of discrimination. Guru Gobind Singh Ji was very happy to listen to Bhai Ghanaiya Ji and he said that Bhai Ghanaiya Ji, you have understood the teachings of Guru Ghar in the true sense.
Habits Of Successful People.
Guru Gobind Singh Ji told the people who came to complain that we have no enemy. I have no enmity with any religion or person. There is enmity, with the oppression of the bloodthirsty… not with any human. Therefore, while doing service, everyone should be considered the same. Guru Gobind Singh ji also gave ointment and bandage to Bhai Ghanaiya ji and said, ‘Serve everyone by applying medicine where you drink water.’ According to the teachings of Guru ji, we should remember that our vision should always be the same while doing service.
Enemy quotes on the differences between friends and enemies – inspirational story
1. “A wise man gets more use from his enemies than a fool from his friends.” ― Baltasar Gracian
2. “Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde
3. “Your friends will believe in your potential, your enemies will make you live up to it.” ― Tim Fargo
4. “Your Worst Enemy Could Be Your Best Friend && Your Best Friend Your Worst Enemy” ― Bob Marley
5. “Friends ask you questions; enemies question you.” ― Criss Jami
6. “The man of knowledge must be able not only to love his enemies but also to hate his friends.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche
7. “Never explain―your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway.” ― Elbert Hubbard
8. “I choose my friends for their good looks, my acquaintances for their good characters, and my enemies for their good intellects.” ― Oscar Wilde
9. “There’s ways you can trust an enemy you can’t always trust a friend. An enemy’s never going to betray your trust.” ― Daniel Abraham
10. “When a sinister person means to be your enemy, they always start by trying to become your friend” ― William Blake
11. “An honorable man is fair even to his enemies; a dishonorable man is unfair even to his friends!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
Enemy quotes on how to fight your haters – inspirational story
12. “Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?” ― Abraham Lincoln
13. “Whenever you are confronted with an opponent. Conquer him with love.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
14. “We do not merely destroy our enemies; we change them.” ― George Orwell
15. “It is easy enough to be friendly to one’s friends. But to befriend the one who regards himself as your enemy is the quintessence of true religion. The other is mere business.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
16. “The truth may not set you free, but used carefully, it can confuse the hell out of your enemies.” ― Laurell K. Hamilton
17. “The greatest win is walking away and choosing not to engage in drama and toxic energy at all.” ― Lalah Delia
18. “A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him.” ― Aesop
Related 50 Minister Louis Farrakhan Quotes
19. “Enemies are either defeated, befriended or bypassed.” ― Stewart Stafford
20. “Your enemies cannot make you hate them, define you, or make you obsessively think about them, only you can do that.” ― Carmine Savastano
21. “I transform my enemy to a friend with my pen.” ― Debasish Mridha
22. “Keep quiet and the enemy will reveal himself.” ― Bangambiki Habyarimana
23. “Don’t fight with your enemy’s brains, fight with his heart” ― Bangambiki Habyarimana
24. “True strength isn’t being able to knock your enemies down, it’s being able to hold yourself upright against their blows.” ― Toni Sorenson
Enemy quotes on the makings of an enemy
25. “When there is no enemy within, the enemies outside cannot hurt you.” – Winston Churchill
26. “An enemy generally says and believes what he wishes.” ― Thomas Jefferson
27. “A man who lies about beer makes enemies” ― Stephen King
28. “If you have enemies, good that means you stood up for something.” ― Eminem
29. “They say you are judged by the strength of your enemies.” – James Bond
30. “A man with no enemies is a man with no character.” ― Paul Newman
31. “Choose your friends carefully. Your enemies will choose you.” – Yassir Arafat
32. “It doesn’t take but a few words to turn your best friend into your worst enemy.” ― Marlan Rico Lee
33. “If every mortal looks at others as their friends, not as their enemies, the world would be a much better place, wouldn’t it?” ― Morgan Rhodes
34. “The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” – Sun Tzu
Wise enemy quotes- inspirational story
35. “Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.” ― Napoleon Bonaparte
36. “Love your enemies, for they tell you your Faults.” ― Benjamin Franklin
37. “The life of the enemy. Whoever lives for the sake of combating an enemy has an interest in the enemy’s staying alive.” ― Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
38. “He will never have true friends, he who is afraid of making enemies.” ― William Hazlitt
39. “The best revenge is not to be like your enemy.” – Marcus Aurelius
40. “A man falling off a cliff to certain death will stretch out a hand even to his worst enemy.” ― Robert Jordan
41. “I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
42. “I love my enemies for two reasons: they inspire me to recognize my weakness. They also inspire me to perfect my imperfect nature.” ― Sri Chinmoy
43. “Seeing the enemy as human. A general’s ultimate nightmare.” ― Sabaa Tahir
44. “We often give our enemies the means for our own destruction.” – Aesop
45. “A genuine enemy is more useful than a fake friend.” ― Mokokoma Mokhonoana
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of fake friends quotes to help you deal with deceptive people.
46. “If video games have taught me anything, it’s that if you encounter enemies then you’re going the right way” ― Ali G.
Best enemy quotes – inspirational story
51. “Enemies are people who’s story you haven’t heard, or who’s face you haven’t seen.” – Irene Butter
52. “Despise the enemy strategically, but take him seriously tactically.” – Mao Zedong
53. “Keep quiet and the enemy will reveal himself.” – Bangambiki Habyarimana
54. “Sometimes the simplest solution out of conflict is becoming someone’s friend.” – Shannon L. Alder
Enemy Quotes and Sayings – inspirational story
61. “May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won’t.” – George Patton
62. “The noblest revenge is to forgive.” – Thomas Fuller
63. “Never hate your enemies. It affects your judgment.” – Mario Puzo
64. “You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.” – Winston Churchill
65. “It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend.” – William Blake
66. “There are only two people who can tell you the truth about yourself : an enemy who has lost his temper and a friend who loves you dearly.” – Antisthenes
67. “Kill them with success, and bury them with a smile.” – Keisha Keenleyside
68. “Pay close attention to people who don’t clap when you win.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
69. “Take the stones people throw at you, and use them to build a monument.” – Ratan Tata