Motivational Tips is Most people want to change at least one thing in their life. But it can be challenging to find the motivation just to make a start. It helps to understand what motivation means to you so you can find your own ways to get motivated.
What is Motivational Tips?
Motivation is the drive to achieve your goals or needs. It is influenced by:
- how much you want the goal
- what you will gain
- your personal expectations
Why is motivation Motivational Tips?
Motivation is important because it:
- provides you with goals to work towards
- helps you solve problems
- helps you change old habits
- helps you cope with challenges and opportunities
Getting Motivational Tips
Most people struggle with motivation, but it is even more challenging if you have mental health issues such as depression or anxiety. Here are some tips:
- Set yourself one specific, achievable goal.
- Think about how to include that goal in your life, what you need do to make it happen, and then put a timeframe on it (such as a week).
- Break your goal into small, easy tasks and set regular reminders.
- Use your family and friends as support – tell them about your goals and encourage them to help keep you motivated.
Motivational Tips Ways to keep on track
- Make your goal part of your routine by using a diary or app for reminders.
- Positive self-talk is important and effective in managing depression or anxiety. Instead of saying ‘I can’t’, say ‘I can try’.
- Mindfulness helps keep you relaxed and focused.
- Start a class or join a support group. Support groups can be as effective as professional help.
- Reward yourself when you have completed a step or goal.
Ways to stay Motivational Tips
- Regularly review your goals and progress. Seeing progress is a great motivator in itself, and also improves your self-esteem.
- Continue to set new goals. Think about what you want to achieve next week, next month and next year. Tackle one goal at a time so you don’t feel overwhelmed.
- Keep the momentum up. It takes up to 3 months to develop a new habit, so keeping the momentum and routine helps it feel more automatic over time.
- Find mentors – a mentor is someone who is experienced in the habit you want to change. Finding social or support groups with the same interest can help you find a mentor.
- Surround yourself with positive people. Positive friends and family enhance your positive self-talk, which also helps to manage the symptoms of depression and anxiety.
- Use exercise as one of your daily goals to improve your mental health.
What to do if you lose Motivational Tips
Setbacks are normal, but developing resilience can help you carry on and pick up where you left off. Here are some tips to help you find your motivation again:
- Review your goals and see if they are realistic in the timeframe you have set. You may need to break your goal down further into smaller and more achievable goals.
- Remember why you wanted to get motivated or reach that goal in the first place.
- Take motivation from others – feel inspired by reading a book, talking to your mentor or friends or family who have reached similar goals to the ones you have set.
- Sometimes you just need to take a break and start afresh.
ourbigthought.com has useful information on finding motivation when you are struggling to stay motivated.
Motivational Tips Where to get help
If you are struggling to get motivated, talk to someone you trust, or a counsellor who can provide useful strategies.
If you have a mental illness, you may be eligible for a mental health care plan, which can help with the cost of counselling. Your doctor can help you with this.
You may want to bookmark and revisit this page when you need help with motivation.
To get every information like our Facebook page where you are provided with the right information. Click here to like our FACEBOOK PAGE.
2 thoughts on “Motivational Tips: How and why does your thinking become negative?”