Friendship in simple words is a relationship you have with your chosen family. Friends are the sisters and brothers we never had, and are by our side through life’s ups and downs. It feels great to celebrate our friends for special occasions or simply brighten their day just because. Whether you’re looking for the perfect caption or a sweet saying to accompany a birthday gift — friendship quotes are a great way to show your pals how much they mean to you.
It may be difficult to put into words how thankful you are for your friend. A good friendship quote that resonates with both you and your friend or true friends quotes that explore all the ways you support each other might be just the thing you need. We gathered 100+ friendship quotes to celebrate your best friend to help you find the perfect friendship saying to express what your best friend means to you.
Inspirational Friendship Quotes to Cheer Them On
A great friendship is irreplaceable — it can inspire you to grow into a better version of yourself. If you have a friend who motivates you, return the favor and be their number one cheerleader with one of these motivational friendship quotes.
- “Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It’s not something you learn in school. But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything.”
- Don’t make friends who are comfortable to be with. Make friends who will force you to lever yourself up.” — Thomas J. Watson
- “The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart.” — Elisabeth Foley
- “Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.” — Anais Nin
- “Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is made by the friends we choose.” — Tennessee Williams
- “They may forget what you said, but they will never forget how you made them feel.” — Carl W. Buechner
- “Find a group of people who challenge and inspire you; spend a lot of time with them, and it will change your life.” — Amy Poehler
- “For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.” — Audrey Hepburn
- “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched — they must be felt with the heart.” — Helen Keller
- “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if one only remembers to turn on the light.” — Dumbledore
Cute Friendship Quotes to Make You Both Smile
When your friends make you genuinely smile, it’s a beautiful and heartwarming thing. Sometimes sappy sayings are just the thing to make your friend feel special and appreciated. These adorable friendship quotes are sure to get a smile out of your friend.
- “A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.” — Walter Winchell
- “A friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future, and accepts you just the way you are.” — Unknown
- “Growing apart doesn’t change the fact that for a long time we grew side by side; our roots will always be tangled. I’m glad for that.” — Ally Condie
- “Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” — Marcel Proust
- “Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.” — Oprah Winfrey
- “In the sweetness of friendship let there be laughter, for in the dew of little things the heart finds its morning and is refreshed.” — Khalil Gibran
- “It’s not what we have in life, but who we have in our life that matters.” — Unknown
- “To the world, you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world.” — Dr. Seuss
- “A friend is one who overlooks your broken fence and admires the flowers in your garden.” — Unknown
- “A friend who understands your tears is much more valuable than a lot of friends who only know your smile.” — Unknown
- “We weren’t sisters [or brothers] by birth, but we knew from the start…fate brought us together to be sisters [or brothers] by heart.” — Unknown
- “A friend is one of the best things you can be and the greatest things you can have.” — Sarah Valdez
- “Best friends are the people in your life who make you laugh louder, smile brighter, and live better.” — Unknown
- “Time doesn’t take away from friendship, nor does separation.” — Tennessee Williams
- “When the world is so complicated, the simple gift of friendship is within all of our hands.” — Maria Shriver
Short and Sweet Friendship Quotes
Even though you could go on and on about how awesome your best friends are, sometimes all you need is something short and sweet. These concise and charming quotes are perfect for friendship bracelets, crafts, and cards alike.
- “There’s not a word yet for old friends who’ve just met.” — Jim Henson
- “A single rose can be my garden…a single friend, my world.” — Leo Buscaglia
- “Friendship is the only cement that will ever hold the world together.” — Woodrow T. Wilson
- “Friends are those rare people who ask how we are and then wait to hear the answer.” — Ed Cunningham
- “A friend knows the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails.” — Donna Roberts
- “It’s the friends you can call up at 4 a.m. that matter.” — Marlene Dietrich
- “Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget.” — G. Randolf
- “A good friend is like a four-leaf clover; hard to find and lucky to have.” — Irish Proverb
- “I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.” — Helen Keller
- “True friends are never apart, maybe in distance but never in heart.” — Helen Keller
- “No friendship is an accident.” — O. Henry
- “Sometimes being with your best friend is all the therapy you need.” — Unknown
- “Friends are the siblings God never gave us.” — Mencius
- “True friends are like diamonds — bright, beautiful, valuable, and always in style.” — Nicole Richie
- “There is nothing on this earth more to be prized than true friendship.” — Thomas Aquinas
- “Friends are the family you choose.“ — Jess C. Scott
- “Anything is possible when you have the right people there to support you.” — Misty Copeland
- “A sweet friendship refreshes the soul.” — Proverbs 27:9
- “Life was meant for good friends and great adventures.” — Unknown
- “True friends are always together in spirit.” — L.M. Montgomery
Funny Best Friend Quotes to Make You Laugh
Whether it’s with inside jokes, terrible puns, or funny stories, your friends are the ones that make you laugh the hardest. If they’re on the same wavelength as you when it comes to your sense of humor, you’ll love sharing hilarious quotes with them that you can laugh at together. Celebrate your partner in crime with these humorous best friendship quotes.
- “Best friend: the one that you can be mad at only for a short period of time because you have important stuff to tell them.” — Unknown
- “You don’t have to be crazy to be my friend. I’ll train you.” — Unknown
- “There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate.“ — Linda Grayson
- “‘Tis the privilege of friendship to talk nonsense, and to have her nonsense respected.” — Charles Lamb
- “A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked.” — Bernard Meltzer
- “A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down.” — Arnold H. Glasgow
- “A best friend is someone who makes you laugh even when you think you’ll never smile again.” — Unknown
- “Best friends. Because if anyone else heard our conversations we’d end up in the mental hospital.” — Unknown
- “Best friends don’t care if your house is clean. They care if you have wine.” — Unknown
- “If you are ever lucky enough to find a weirdo, never let them go.” — Matthew Gray Gubler
- “Friendship is so weird…you just pick a human you’ve met and you’re like ‘Yep, I like this one’ and you just do stuff with them.” — Unknown
- “It’s hard to find a friend who’s cute, loving, generous, caring, and smart. My advice to y’all is, don’t lose me.” — Unknown
- “I think we’ll be friends forever because we’re too lazy to find new friends.” — Unknown
- “Friends buy you food. Best friends eat your food.” — Unknown
- “God made us best friends because he knew our moms couldn’t handle us as sisters.” — Unknown
- “We’ll be the old ladies causing trouble in the nursing home.” — Unknown
- “We’ll be best friends forever because you already know too much.” — Unknown
- “True friendship is when you walk into their house and your WiFi connects automatically.” — Unknown
- “Never let your best friends get lonely…keep disturbing them.” — Candlelight Publications
- “I love that our effortless friendship fits perfectly with my laziness.” — True Friendship Quotes for Your Dependable Friend
True friends will never leave your side, during the best and the worst times. Oftentimes, your most loyal friends are also the ones who know how to bring out the best in you. Show your appreciation of their dependability and constant support with these friendship quotes fit for your true blue friend.
- “The essence of true friendship is to make allowance for another’s little lapses.” — David Storey
- “The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing…not healing, not curing…that is a friend who cares.” — Henri Nouwen
- “True friends aren’t the ones who make your problems disappear. They are the ones who won’t disappear when you’re facing problems.” — Unknown
- “A friend can tell you things you don’t want to tell yourself.” — Frances Ward Weller
- “Best friends understand when you say, ‘forget it.’ Wait forever when you say, ‘just a minute.’ Stay when you say, ‘leave me alone.’ And open the door before you can say, ‘come in.’” — Unknown
- “When it hurts to look back and you’re afraid to look ahead, you can look beside you and your best friend will be there.” — Unknown
- “Everyone hears what you say. Friends listen to what you say. Best friends listen to what you don’t say.” — Unknown
tips of success in life: How to achieve success?
- “Don’t walk behind me; I may not lead. Don’t walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.” — Albert Camus
- “A strong friendship doesn’t need daily conversation or being together. As long as the relationship lives in the heart, true friends never part.” — Unknown
- “Friendship is always a sweet responsibility, never an opportunity.” — Khalil Gibran
- “Friends…they cherish one another’s hoped. They are kind to one another’s dreams.” — Henry David Thoreau
- “False friendship, like the ivy, decays and ruins the walls it embraces; but true friendship gives new life and animation to the object it supports.” — Richard Burton
- “The only way to have a friend is to be one.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “My best friend is the man who in wishing me well wishes it for my sake.” — Aristotle
- “My best friend is the one who brings out the best in me.” — Henry Ford
Deep Friendship Quotes for Tight Bonds
There are some friends that have been there for you since day one, through the best and worst times. Celebrate those especially close friends with these profound friendship quotes. Find the perfect quote to warm your friend’s heart below.
- “Everyone has a friend during each stage of life. But only lucky ones have the same friend in all stages of life.” — Unknown
- “That’s when I realized what a true friend was. Someone who would always love you — the imperfect you, the confused you, the wrong you — because that is what people are supposed to do.” — Unknown
- “Best friends share laughs, memories, and inside jokes. They will always be honest and stand by your side no matter what. They wipe your tears, pick you up when you fall and are forever a piece of your heart.” — Unknown
- “If ever there is tomorrow when we’re not together…there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think but the most important thing is, even if we’re apart… I’ll always be with you.” — Winnie the Pooh
- “Ultimately the bond of all companionship, whether in marriage or in friendship, is conversation.” — Oscar Wilde
- “A friend is a person with whom I may be sincere. Before him, I may think aloud. I am arrived at last in the presence of a man so real and equal, that I may drop even those undermost garments of dissimulation, courtesy, and second thought, which men never put off, and may deal with him with the simplicity and wholeness with which one chemical atom meets another.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “In everyone’s life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.” — Albert Schweitzer
- “Real friendship, like real poetry, is extremely rare — and precious as a pearl.” — Tahar Ben Jelloun
- “But friendship is precious, not only in the shade, but in the sunshine of life, and thanks to a benevolent arrangement the greater part of life is sunshine.” — Thomas Jefferson
- “When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives means the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a warm and tender hand.” — Henri Nouwen
Friendship Quotes for Your Significant Other
One of your best friends in life might also be your significant other. A lot of the time people forget to tell their S/Os how much their support and friendship means to them. If you’re lucky enough to be in love with your best friend, let them know how much they mean to you with these friendship quotes for your partner.
- “Throughout life, you will meet one person who is like no other. You could talk to this person for hours and never get bored, you could tell this person things and they will never judge you. This person is your soulmate, your best friend. Don’t ever let them go.” — Unknown
- “If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you.” — Winnie the Pooh
- “She is a friend of my mind. She gathers me, man. The pieces I am, she gathers them and gives them back to me in all the right order.” — Toni Morrison
- “Love is friendship set on fire.” — Jeremy Taylor
- “Some of the biggest challenges in relationships come from the fact that most people enter a relationship in order to get something: they’re trying to find someone who’s going to make them feel good. In reality, the only way a relationship will last is if you see your relationship as a place that you go to give, and not a place that you go to take.” — Anthony Robbins
Why friendship is important? Know in detail
- “The love that comes from friendship is the underlying fact of a happy life.” — Chelsea Handler
- “Friendship is accepting a person with all their qualities — good and bad.” — Mohanlal
- “Experts on romance say for a happy marriage there has to be more than a passionate love. For a lasting union, they insist, there must be a genuine liking for each other. Which, in my book, is a good definition for friendship.” — Marilyn Monroe
- “It’s not being in love that makes me happy. It is the person that I am in love with that does.” — Unknown
New Friendship Quotes for Building Connections
The friends you currently know like the back of your hand were once complete strangers to you. Strange to think about, right? As you know, the first step to finding a best friend is to meet new people and build connections. These new friendship quotes can inspire you to turn acquaintances into friends.
- “A friend may be waiting behind a stranger’s face.” — Maya Angelou
- “Everyone you meet knows something you don’t know but need to know. Learn from them.” — C.G. Jung
- “Don’t be afraid of new beginnings. Don’t shy away from new people, new energy, new surroundings. Embrace new chances at happiness.” — Billy Chipata
- “Be genuinely interested in everyone you meet and everyone you meet will be genuinely interested in you.” — Rasheed Ogunlaru
- “Since there is nothing so well worth having as friends, never lose a chance to make them.” — Francesco Guicciardini
- “Every new friend is a new adventure… the start of more memories.” — Patrick Lindsay
- “The great thing about new friends is that they bring new energy to your soul.” — Shanna Rodriguez
- “The kindest way of helping yourself is to find a friend.” — Ann Kaiser Stearns
- “Getting to know new people and gaining new friends is one of life’s greatest pleasures. To conquer your fears and get out there.” — Tony Clark
Long Distance Friendship Quotes to Bring You Closer Together
Friendship is a powerful force that can span across any distance. Whether your friend is across the state, country, or world, you can make them feel a little closer with these long-distance friendship quotes.
- “There are friendships imprinted in our hearts that will never be diminished by time and distance.” — Dodinsky
- “No distance of place or lapse of time can lessen the friendship of those who are thoroughly persuaded of each other’s worth.” — Robert Southey
- “There is magic in long-distance friendships. They let you relate to other human beings in a way that goes beyond being physically together and is often more profound.” — Diana Cortes
- “A part of you has grown in me, together forever we shall be, never apart, maybe in distance, but not in heart.” — Unknown
- “A real friendship should not fade as time passes, and should not weaken because of space separation.” — John Newton
- “Distance means so little when someone means so much.” — Tom McNeal
- “If there ever comes a day when we can’t be together, keep me in your heart. I’ll stay there forever.” — A. A. Milne
- “As long as we share the same sky and breathe the same air, we’re still together.” — Donna Lynn Hope
- “A friend who is far away is sometimes much nearer than one who is at hand.” — Kahlil Gibran
- “Can miles truly separate you from friends…If you want to be with someone you love, aren’t you already there?”— Richard Bach
- “A strong friendship doesn’t need daily conversation, doesn’t always need togetherness, as long as the relationship lives in the heart, true friends will never part.” — Unknown
While your friends might love you no matter what, showing your love for them will help increase your existing bond. Pair these quotes that describe the importance of your friendship with a card, colored flowers, or a sweet treat, like cookies.
Read Also – Friends may be more or not friendship should be excellent.
Remember that National Friendship Day comes every year on the first Sunday of August, bringing lots of hugs and reminders of the importance of friendship. Also, did you know that National Best Friends Day occurs every year on June 8th? Of course, you don’t need a holiday to reach out and let your besties know how much they mean to you — show your love and gratitude year-round.
friendship quotes funny
Friends are awesome. Best Friends are even “awesome-er”. Some quotes are short. Some are cute. Some you’ll have to send to your friends right away. Check out these 40 funny friendship quotes to share with your friends.
- We are best friends. Always remember that if you fall, I will pick you up… after I finish laughing.
- Friendship must be built on a solid foundation of alcohol, sarcasm, inappropriateness, and shenanigans.
- If you have friends who are as weird as you, then you have everything.
- I’d take a bullet for you. Not in the head. But like in the leg or something.
- Real friends don’t get offended when you insult them. They smile and call you something even more offensive.
- You don’t have to be crazy to be my friend. I’ll train you.
- Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.
- Best friend: the one that you can mad only for a short period of time because you have important stuff to tell them.
- I hope we’re friends until we die. Then I hope we stay ghost friends and walk through walls and scare the shit out of people.
- You and I are more than friends. We’re like a really small gang.
- Friends are people who know you really well and like you anyway.
- Good friends discuss their sex lives. Best friends talk about poop.
- Sometimes I think, ‘What is a friend?’ Then I say, ‘Friend is someone to share the last cookie with.’
- Good friends don’t let you do stupid things… alone.
- A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked.
- Friends give you a shoulder to cry on. But best friends are ready with a shovel to hurt the person that made you cry.
- A good friend will help you move. But best friend will help you move a dead body.
- I don’t know what’s tighter: our jeans or our friendship.
- It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Friends offer free therapy.
- We’ve been friends for so long, I can’t remember which one of us is the bad influence.
- It’s the friends you can call up at 4 a.m. that matter.
- Best friends know how crazy you are and still choose to be seen with you in public
- Only your real friends will tell you when your face is dirty.
- Friends buy you food. Best friends eat your food.
- Is this the privilege of friendship to talk nonsense, and to have her nonsense respected?
- My and best friends can communicate with just facial expressions.
- It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn’t use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like ‘What about lunch?’
-A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
- I think we’ll befriend forever because we’re too lazy to find new friends
tips of success in life: How to achieve success?
- Thank you for still being my friend, despite the fact that you are completely aware of every terrifying, raunchy, explicit detail of my life.
- We will always be friends until we’re old and senile. Then we will be new friends.
- One measure of friendship consists not in the number of things friends can discuss, but in the number of things they need no longer mention.
- God made up best friends because he knew our mom couldn’t handle us as sisters
- Never let your friends be lonely…. Disturb them all the time.
- You can always tell a real friend: when you’ve made a fool of yourself he doesn’t feel you’ve done a permanent job.
-Laurence J. Peter
- Having those weird conversations with your friend and thinking “if anyone heard us, we’d be put in a mental hospital.
- Real friendship is when your friend comes over to your house and then you both just take a nap.
- There is nothing better than a friend unless it is a friend with chocolate.
- We’ll be the old ladies causing trouble in the nursing homes
- We’ll be best friends forever because you already know too much.
To get every information like our Facebook page where you are provided with the right information. Click here to like our FACEBOOK PAGE.
4 thoughts on “Top165 Friendship Quotes Your Best Friend Will Love”