World Yoga Day will be celebrated on 21 June 2021. Earlier we had told that there are 84 yoga asanas but how many types of yogas are there? Come know important information in this regard.
World Yoga Day Mainly there are 7 types of yoga
1. Hatha Yoga, 2. Raja Yoga, 3. Karma Yoga, 4. Bhakti Yoga, 5. Jnana Yoga, 6. Tantra Yoga and 7. Laya Yoga.
1. Hatha Yoga: Shatkarma, Asana, Mudra, Pranayama, Pratyahara, Dhyana and Samadhi- These are the seven parts of Hatha Yoga, but the emphasis of Hatha Yogi is more on Asana, Bandha, Mudra and Pranayama for Asana and Kundalini awakening. This is Kriya Yoga.
2. Raja Yoga: Yama, Niyama, Asana, Pranayama, Pratyahara, Dharana, Dhyana and Samadhi are the eight parts of Patanjali’s Raja Yoga. These are also called ashtanga yoga.
3. Karma Yoga: Karma yoga is the act of doing an action. Its purpose is to bring efficiency in actions. This is Sahaja Yoga.
4. Bhakti Yoga:
Shravan, kirtan, remembrance, padasevana, archana, vandan, dasya, sakhya and atmannivedana – these nine parts are called Navadha Bhakti. This is Bhakti Yoga.
5. Jnana Yoga: The attainment of knowledge of a pure soul through witnessing is the yoga of knowledge. This is meditation. This is Brahma Yoga and this is Sankhya Yoga.
6. Tantra Yoga: This is the Vammarga, in which men and women do yoga together keeping restraint on the senses. This is also Kundalini yoga.
7. Layayoga :- Yama, Niyama, gross action, subtle action, pratyahara, dharana, dhyana and samadhi. These eight are the parts of Laya yoga.
|big thought||Religious story|