PM Kusum Yojana 2023 : The objective of the -KUSUM Yojana Subsidy (Pradhan Mantri Kisan Urja Suraksha evam Utthaan Mahabhiyan) Scheme, which can be found on mnre.gov.in, is to ensure energy security for farmers in India. Additionally, it aligns with India’s commitment to raise its install capacity of non-fossil fuel sources of electricity to 40% by 2030 as a component of its Intend Nationally Determine Contributions (INDCs).
PM Kusum Yojana 2023
In March 2019, the -KUSUM Yojana receive administrative clearance, and by July of the same year, regulations for the program were establish. The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) launched this initiative with the aim of deploying solar pumps and other sustainable energy facilities nationwide.
The KUSUM Yojana allows for the installation of solar pumps by eligible parties such as farmers, farmer organizations, panchayats, and cooperative societies. The program is divide into three cost sections with government assistance available to farmers. A 60% government subsidy will be provide, while the remaining 30% can be covered through government loans. Farmers are responsible for contributing 10% of the project’s total cost. Additionally, farmers have the option to sell excess electricity generate by the solar panels for revenue generation and potentially start a new company.
PM Kusum Yojana 2023 Details
|Scheme Name||Kusum Yojana|
|Launched by||Former Finance Minister– Arun Jaitley|
|Observed under||Ministry of Agriculture & Energy|
|Major Benefit||Providing Solar irrigation pump|
|Scheme Objective||Discounted solar irrigation pumps|
|Scheme under||State Government|
Also Check –PM kisan Installment List 2023
Advantages Of The KUSUM Program
The following are some advantages of the Pradhan Mantri KUSUM Yojana:
- The total capacity of the solar power plants construct by the Indian government stands at 28,250 MW.
- Thanks to the government’s 60% subsidy and 30% loan, farmers will only bear 10% of the total expenses for building solar plants and pumps.
- As per the specifications of the KUSUM Scheme, the government will provide subsidies to assist in setting up advanced solar pumps. These pumps have a capacity of 720 MV, which will improve irrigation. By following this approach, farmers can boost their income by directly selling any excess power generate by their systems to the government.
- Rural landowners can generate a stable source of revenue by installing solar power systems on undeveloped and unpliant land.
- The installation of solar power plants will only take place on cultivable lands with a minimum require height. This approach enables farmers to continue growing their crops even after the installation of the power plants.
- The primary objective of the PM KUSUM Scheme is to encourage eco-friendly practices on farms, which includes the adoption of renewable energy sources in order to curb pollution.
Look Here –Ayushman Bharat Card
Three Components of PM-KUSUM Yojana
- According to this idea, laborers will construct renewable energy power plants on abandon land which will be connect to the grid and decentralize, producing 10,000 MW of electricity.
- The construction of these networks will be carried out by farmers, cooperatives, farmer groups, panchayats, Water User Associations (WUA), as well as Farmer Producer Organizations (FPO).
- The power projects will be built in close proximity to the sub-station, within a radius of 5 kilometers.
- Under this program, farmers will be provide support to install independent solar-power agricultural pumps valued at Rs. 17.50 lakh.
- The latest pumps, having a power of 7.5 HP, have the ability to replace existing diesel-powered agricultural pumps without compromising on performance.
- Financial support will only be provide to the capacity of 5 HP, even if the capacity exceeds this limit.
- Under this scheme, the 10 lakh agricultural pumps currently linked to the grid will be converted to solar power. To facilitate this transition, farmers who own these pumps will receive assistance.
- DISCOMs in India would be obligated to pay a predetermined rate for solar energy generated outside the premises.
- The solar power generate will be utilized to fulfill the irrigation requirements of the farmers.
Check Here –Manav Sampada Registration 2023
KUSUM Scheme Eligibility Criteria
The groups that are eligible for the KUSUM Scheme are as follows:
- A single farmer
- An FPO, which stands for Farmer Producer Organization, is the term used to describe an organization made up of farmers who come together with the aim of improving their financial and social status through collective action.
- Panchayat is a term commonly used in India to refer to the local self-governing bodies at the village or small town level.
- A collection of agriculturists.
- Associations of Water Users
PM KUSUM Yojana Subsidy Beneficiary
The aim of the program is to provide a consistent and continuous source of income to farmers and rural landowners for a period of 25 years. The program plans on utilizing the undevelope or barren land effectively. Furthermore, solar panels will be install on cultivate land at an elevation that does not hinder farming activities. Due to the projects close proximity to sub-stations, there is minimal transmission loss to DISCOMS. Additionally, this ensures a consistent supply of electricity to agricultural areas during the day, which can help farmers transition away from using diesel. This shift would benefit both the economy and environment.
To enhance farmers’ income and lower their overdependence on diesel, the KUSUM scheme was implement. The initiative harnesses agricultural land and barren regions in rural areas to generate sustainable energy. With financial support from both the State and Central government, the farmers’ economic burden is minimize. The subsidy provide by the KUSUM Yojana holds immense potential in improving the financial conditions of farmers and stimulating the rural economy.
Read More –Karnataka Ration Card List 2023
How To Apply for the PM Kusum Yojana Subsidy
Enrollment followed by accessing the official website of MNRE is one way to procure the MNRE certificate. However, an alternative option for applicants is to submit a loan application along with the specified supporting documents to the nearest bank that provides loans under this scheme. The bank or lender will provide guidelines regarding the necessary papers and loan application. Learn everything you need to know about the subsidy provided by KUSUM Yojana. If you have any questions, feel free to leave them in the comments section below.
- To register or submit an application, you must visit the official website of KUSUM Yojana, which is https://mnre.gov.in/. This is the first step.
- Proceed to Step 2, which involves completing the–Kusum Yojana application.
- Proceed to Step 3 by uploading all the require documents.
- Once your application and supporting documents have been receive, you are eligible to apply for the Kusum Yojana registration.
PM Kusum Yojana 2023 FAQ’S
Who is eligible for PM Kusum Yojana?
An individual farmer. A group of farmers. FPO or Farmer producer organization.
Which PM-KUSUM Scheme has been set up in India?
The scheme was launch by the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) for setting up solar pumps and other new power plants across the country.
What is the MNRE subsidy offer by the government to applicants through the PM-KUSUM Yojana?
Farmers may receive up to 60% of the maximum subsidy available under this program. Loans for an additional 30% of the price will be made available. Farmers will therefore only be require to contribute 10% of the cost.
Related Post –
Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Jan Arogya Yojana List 2023
E Aadhar Card Download Online 2023